It’s a rare day when I don’t see a New Yorker canvas tote on the streets of Manhattan. It’s a simple bag but only a few people know what went into the design of it. With a strict budget, we maximized the size so that it’s functional. Handle length is long enough to carry over the shoulder. The production process involves ironing to fold the entire bag into a required size in a mailer bag so that it can be mailed as a flat pack, saving our client almost one dollar is shipping cost alone. The bag is 100% cotton, attractive, washable and durable.
“There’s a lot that brings me joy in my business but it’s a particular thrill to see a product we helped design and manufacture used by the public.”
We have several New Yorker totes hanging by the door of our apartment for grocery shopping. There’s a lot that brings me joy in my business but it’s a particular thrill to see a product we helped design and manufacture used by the public.
Why This Bag Works
- Handle length is long enough to carry over the shoulder
- Size maximized within strict budget guidelines
- Cost savings design to snugly fit in a flat pack mailer (special ironing process for folding)
- 100% cotton, attractive, washable and durable
- Iconic brand nice enough to display when not in use
- It’s achieved its 15-seconds of fame [see press mentions below]
Practical and Functional
These days more and more savvy folks are using tote bags to carry groceries and retail purchases. They also work great for organizing home items. When they’re not in use, they can be hung on a chair or door hook.
Here is how The New Yorker markets their coveted canvas tote:
Some Good Press Mentions:
- How a free canvas tote became a bigger status symbol than a $10,000 Hermès bag via MarketWatch
- How The New Yorker Struck Gold With a Canvas Tote Bag Promo via PromoMarketing magazine
- Love Letter to a London Trend: The New Yorker Tote Bag via The Culture Trip
- What Your Canvas Tote Bag Says About You via Coveteur
- The value of a New Yorker magazine tote bag as cultural currency via iTunes Maekan podcast
- 3 to read: Persuading the fact-resistant | CNN’s self-inflicted errors | The New Yorker tote vs Hermes bag via 3 to read
- Tweets about the New Yorker Canvas Tote via Twitter
- #NewYorkerTote hashtag via Instagram
- #NewYorkerToteBag hashtag via Instagram
- Yes, I’m judging your tote bag via WhoWhatWear
- People are judging how cool you are by your tote bag via The New York Post
- The New Yorker Tote via Trend Bags
Sung Park, along with his wife, Annie own and operate Custom Direct Promotions (CDP). CDP is a provider of high-quality GWP packaging solutions to optimize materials used and control costs for luxury brands. CDP works with you to develop products that reflect your unique brand and appeal to your customers. Our custom bags are delivered on time, on spec and most importantly on-budget.
Talk to Custom Direct Promotions about your next successful GWP program. By phone at 212.336.1560 or email@example.com