My friend Derek exposed me to U2 when we were in high school, even before their albums War and The Unforgettable Fire made them superstars. For one reason or another, mostly because I couldn’t afford it, I never saw them in concert. One of my biggest regrets is missing a surprise concert in Kmart located 2 blocks from me to kickoff their Pop tour in 1997. I remember clearly that I had gone to the store almost every day that week because I was stocking my new office.
So this year, as a celebration of a milestone birthday, Annie and I, along with Derek and friends, saw U2s Joshua Tree concert at Gillette Stadium.
“BTW, the concert was out of this world.”
Things have certainly changed since I last went to a large stadium concert, in particular with security. Women are only allowed to use clear bags or wristlets of a certain size. Annie, my wife, business partner and designer extraordinaire, didn’t have a nice one to use so chose not to use a bag at all.
The new bag rule wasn’t so convenient and, as Annie’s wont to do, began thinking of design ideas, of course with ways to attractively brand it so that it becomes an appealing, functional promotional bag for concerts and also for travel.
You can contact me by phone at 212.336.1560 or email@example.com
BTW, the concert was out of this world!
New Rules for NFL Stadium Bags:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags will be available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com/allclear), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
- Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, non-approved seat cushions*, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
Sung Park, along with his wife and business partner, Annie, own Custom Direct Promotions (CDP). CDP is a provider of high-quality GWP packaging solutions to optimize materials used and control costs for luxury brands. CDP works with you to develop products that reflect your unique brand and appeal to your customers. Our custom bags are delivered on time, on spec, and most importantly on-budget.
Talk to Custom Direct Promotions about your next successful GWP program. By phone at 212.336.1560 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website